INF Technology Research and Development (INF-TRnD) conducts cutting-edge research in the field of communications and information technologies along with cyber-physical systems. Researchers at INF-TRnD contribute to scientific society with their fundamental and applied studies. INF-TRnD has been taking leadership roles in both developing and improving the standards for commercialized and open source technologies. Outcomes of these research efforts and activities are published in highly respected journals and magazines.
Currently, INF-TRnD carries out research in the following fields:
- Green communications and next generation wireless networks
- Infotainment applications
- Cyber-physical and embedded systems
- Advanced signal processing algorithms and architectures
- Digital baseband transceiver design
- Tele–health systems and applications
- Remote monitoring sensors and network systems
- Visible light communications systems
- Acoustic communications
- Underwater communications system
- Cloud–based services, implementations, and cloud computing
List of publications powered by INF TRnD as of March 10th, 2015
- M. Akın et. al., “A Low-Cost, Real-Time, and Short-Range Software-Defined Digital Wireless Communications Transceiver Design and Implementation at Baseband,” in Journal of The Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Gazi University, 2015.
- S. Yarkan, “A Generic Measurement Setup for Implementation and Performance Evaluation of Spectrum Sensing Techniques: Indoor Environments,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol.64, no.3, pp.606-614, March 2015.
- A. Boyacı et. al., “EV2C: Extended Vehicle-to-Cloud Model and Conceptual Implementation for Big Data” to be presented in IEEE Sixth International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Applied Optimization (ICMSAO’15), May 27–29, 2015, Yildiz Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- A. Boyacı et. al., “On Error Variance for Autoregressive Process–Based Spectrum Occupancy Prediction with Energy Detector for Cognitive Networks,” submitted to IEEE International Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2015).
- F. N. Akı et. al., “High–Resolution Multi–band Spectrum Occupancy Measurements and Evaluations at 900MHz Downlink Band for Istanbul Metropolitan,” submitted to IEEE 23rd. Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference, 2015
- A. Boyacı et al., “Fractional–Rate Radiometer for Spectrum Sensing Based on I/Q Branch Separation,” submitted to IEEE 23rd. Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference, 2015.